The Department of Health and Aged Care is seeking nominations of individuals with expertise in health economics and/or health technology assessment (HTA) who may be suitable to serve on HTA committees supported by the Technology Assessment Access Division, within the Department. This includes the principal Medical Services Advisory Committee and its sub-committees, as well as the soon to be established Medical Devices and Human Tissues Advisory Committee (which will replace the existing Prostheses List Advisory Committee (PLAC)). The role of these committees and sub-committees is to provide independent expert advice on applications being considered for subsidisation by the Australian Government. Further information about the work and roles of the various HTA committees/sub-committees can be found on the Department’s HTA webpage and in the recent media release by the Minister for Health and Aged Care.
For potential nominees, it is important to note that:
- The HTA principal committee and its sub-committees each meet for 1-3 days, at least three times a year.
- These meetings may be face-to-face or hybrid, and committee/sub-committee members are expected to undertake pre-meeting preparation, as well as post-meeting work.
- Committee/sub-committee members are appointed for periods between 2-4 years, depending on the committee/sub-committee.
- Principal committee members are remunerated for their time in accordance with the latest Remuneration Tribunal (Remuneration and Allowances for Holders of Part-time Public Officer) Determination, and sub-committee members are remunerated in accordance with Departmentally-approved rates (usually aligned with information in the Remuneration Tribunal Determination.
- All travel, accommodation and meal costs are provided for attendance at meetings.
- Conflicts of interests of nominees will be assessed according to the Department’s process guide.
Expertise in health economics/HTA and medical devices/human tissue products/genomics/quality-of-life is particularly welcome. As part of this process, we also ask you to consider including nominees of different genders and from various states and territories.
Interested individuals are requested to complete the following:
- Declaration of Interest form
- Private Interests form
- Curriculum Vitae form
- Short statement addressing how your skills and experience would contribute to the committee’s terms of reference (ToR).
If you would like to be nominated, please send your completed forms via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a short statement addressing how your skills and experience would contribute to the committee’s terms of reference.
It would be appreciated if nominations could be received by email by no later than COB 18 April 2023.