Website Monash University
Job No.: 643159
Location: 553 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 3-year fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: $127,624 – $147,159 pa Level C (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
This position will offer an exciting and unique opportunity within the School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine Health Economics Group to grow and build your own research program within the group as well as contribute to the many research opportunities.
The candidate’s responsibilities:
- Demonstrated experience in research as demonstrated by a strong publication record and an investigator on successful grants
- Demonstrated trajectory of research leadership
- Experience in successfully supervising, mentoring and coaching to support the development of research staff
- Experience in supervising and working with major honours or postgraduate students within the discipline
- The ability to work both independently in a research environment and as part of an inter-disciplinary research team
- High level organisational skills, with demonstrated capacity to establish and achieve goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A demonstrated capacity to work in a collegiate manner with other staff in the workplace
- Advanced computer skills with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; specific experience in working with a range of analytical software such as Stata and TreeAge
The candidate’s attributes:
- A doctoral qualification in the relevant discipline area (preferably health economics) or equivalent qualifications (e.g. in health services research or epidemiology) or equivalent research experience
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to “How to apply for Monash Jobs“.
We encourage applications from First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and people of all genders, sexualities and age groups.
Join us in our commitment to ensuring a better future for ourselves and for the communities in which we study, work, live and engage – #ChangeIt with us.
Professor Cathy Mihalopoulos, +61 3 9903 0920
Wednesday 21 December 2022, 11:55pm AEDT
Please note: Monash University will be closed from Thursday 22 December 2022 until Tuesday 3 January 2023 inclusive
At Monash University, the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, students and visitors is our top priority. In accordance with the Pandemic Orders issued by the Victorian Government Health Minister, we require all staff working or placed in healthcare facilities to be fully vaccinated (boosted) against COVID-19 or have an approved medical exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine in order to attend these locations.
For the latest information on COVID-19 at Monash, please visit our website.
To apply for this position, please visit:
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.