Website Department of Health and Aged Care
The Independent Hospital and Aged Care Pricing Authority (IHACPA) is seeking confident individuals looking to make a difference to health and aged care in Australia. Several opportunities for Technical Managers exist across IHACPA’s Pricing and Analytics Branch. Technical Managers combine elements of data science, stakeholder management, and leadership to contribute to IHACPA’s strategic goals.
• Understanding and analysing data collected from public hospitals, private hospitals, aged care facilities, and other government bodies to design statistical models and answer complex policy questions.
• Providing high level specialist advice to various IHACPA working groups, managing relationships, and working with stakeholders on technical issues.
• Preparing analytic working papers and technical documentation to strategically communicate technical issues to key stakeholders.
• Supporting the Pricing and Analytics branch with development of cost models and analysis of health data.
• Supporting the IHACPA Executive in explaining cost models and results of data analysis and other technical issues to external stakeholders.
• Providing expert advice and assistance to support the development of other team members in the section and branch.
This role will also have the capacity to manage one or more APS6 Technical Analysts.
Join our team to apply your data analytics and data science skills every day and have a real impact on health and aged care policy and funding decisions in Australia.
For further information and to submit an application please refer to Department of Health and Aged Care
Closing date for applications: 2 February 2023
To apply for this job please visit healthjobs.nga.net.au.