43rd Annual AHES Conference Submission Guidelines
Abstracts are invited for:
- Oral presentations
- Organised sessions (90 minutes per session, consisting of 3 to 4 papers with or without a discussant)
- Abstracts should report original work that has not been published prior to the Society's meeting. Although abstracts may reflect work previously presented elsewhere the work should not have been previously presented at the Society's meeting.
- No abstracts/session proposals will be accepted after the submission deadline: Sunday 19th June 2022.
- All submissions are to be submitted via the AHES Conference 2022 abstract submission system.
- Abstracts should be no more than 3,000 characters in length for oral presentations. For organised session proposals, each abstract should be no more than 3,000 characters and 2,000 characters max for a summary of the proposed session.
- Structured abstracts are recommended (i.e., objectives, methods, results, conclusions).
- All submissions will be reviewed by the Scientific Review Committee, and notifications will be sent to the main contact/presenting author no later than Wednesday 8th July 2022.
- An individual is only allowed to submit and present one paper at the AHES conference, either in a contributed or an organised session.
- For any questions please contact the AHES Exec at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 11th Annual Australian Health Economics Doctoral Workshop will be held in conjunction with the AHES Conference 2022.
- Six research abstracts on any topic in health economics will be competitively selected for inclusion in the program.
- AHES will award a A$500 prize for the best paper presented at the AHED workshop by a junior researcher.
- The presenters of the six papers will be offered a $200 travel grant to attend the AHED workshop in Brisbane. They also will be able to attend the main AHES conference free of charge.
- The workshop is an excellent opportunity to meet other students and health economists before the main conference.
- All abstracts submitted by PhD students to the main AHES conference will be automatically considered for the AHED workshop. (N.B. Those papers that are not selected for the AHED workshop will be automatically considered for the main AHES conference).
- Accepted presenters to the AHED workshop will also automatically be accepted to present in a special AHED session at the AHES conference to showcase their work.
- To be considered for the AHED workshop, students should submit an abstract via the AHES Conference 2022 abstract submission system (by the submission date Sunday 19th June 2022) indicating they are a PhD Student.